Małgorzata (Gosia) Różalska
Some people might ask me: “Can’t you ever be serious?”. I answer: “No.”
“The Girl, who came out of nowhere and is doing whatever the hell she wants”. /Nick Byrne
Małgorzata Różalska (Gosia/Róża) – improviser and teacher from the north of Poland. Doing improv since 2004, as one of the first in Poland (she loves the fact, that they had no idea what they were doing and they had to discover every step.) Besides living improv life, she graduated Film Directing in Gdynia Film School, Photography at Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk, and Cultural Studies at University of Gdańsk – and she loves mixing all her arts with improv. She’s a businesswoman and has her own company called Rozaart, she’s Polish improv-Mama and she writes a blog about improv (www.rozalska.com).
She’s in a Board of international Ohana group, and she’s conquering the world, starting with Improvention in Canberra, Seattle International Festival of Improv, IMPRO Amsterdam, IMPRO Berlin, Sacrebleu! in Strasbourg, Mt. Olymprov in Athens, Big IF in Barcelona, IMPROSALENTO, Sofia International Improv Fest, WIP Workimprogress (Italy), Improfestival Mainz, Improfest in Cracov, Improdrom in Bydgoszcz, JO in Toruń. She’s been teaching, among others, in Australia, Spain, Italy, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, Denmark. She’s a big nerd, and she’s been working with teachers from all over the world and she’ll never stop.
In improv she seeks for freedom, adventure, and she always wants more. In workshops she believes, that improv can make people fight the feeling of Not Being Good Enough, and show them, that all the creativity and spontaneity we have in us, let us shine.
My comedian friend shouted once “She’s crazy! You will never keep up withe her! EVER!”
I love working with new people, and create with them, so don’t hesitate if you’d like to contact me. Oh, and I live in Gdynia/Gdańsk in Poland. It’s by the sea. Cool place.
What do I do?
- I improvise. | I’m in international improv group Ohana, and we work together across whole Europe. In Poland I perform in 7 Women of Different Ages, improv/dance/beatbox project Muzalians, in a duo/trio Abordaż, I direct Young Improv.
- I teach. | I’ve been teaching improv for 12 years, and since then I’ve had around 2000 hours of workshops.
- I take photos. | I graduated Academy of Fine Arts in Gdańsk (Poland), and Cyklop studio in Gdańsk.
- I make films. | I graduated directing in Gdynia Film School.
- I do makeup. | I graduated film, and theatre makeup in Magnus Film in Sopot (Poland).